Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

It's a New Year!

So, I will be the first to admit that I win the 'terrible teacher blogger of August 2011' award! I have been so busy each day with this new crew of kiddos that I have barely been able to snap any photos to use on the blog. Hopefully, I will redeem myself ASAP!

Here is how my 2011-2012 class looks at the end of the day, right after recess, when it is 101 degrees out...
hot.sweaty.tired.
Why have you been so busy? I am sure you are all wanting to know...it's just kindergarten, right? Wrong!!! We have been learning about...
Numbers 0, 1, 2 (and 3 as of today)...writing, counting, recognizing, demonstrating

The 7 Habits...will have it's own post soon!

And that's not all folks! We have done extensive work on writing our first and last names; the colors red and yellow; circles and squares; the letters and letter sounds for Aa, Bb, and Cc; and many activities related to the nursery rhymes "Hey Diddle Diddle" and "Hickory Dickory Dock." The Common Core State Standards really have us hopping! They too will have their own post in the very near future.

In the meantime, ask your child what it means to "Be Proactive." You might be surprised at the answer!

*Quote of the week* (maybe the year)...student: My mom has that flower-dy fly swatter; did you get it at Fred's? Me: No I got it at Old Navy. Student: Oh! Like an Old Navy, State Farm is there!

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment